Thursday, October 4, 2007

Shoes and Socks!

So I know I didn't post for awhile there, and I don't have a good excuse either because as a stay-at-home mom I do have countless hours of leisure time on my hands. I guess I was too busy soaking in a bubble bath and eating bon-bons. (snort!) But anyhow life just goes ticking on around here. Jake has a month of preschool under his hat now and just keeps cracking us up. His latest mania is anything to do with ninjas (thank you Taylor) and I highly suggest asking him to do some ninja moves for you if you get the chance. Hilarious. Except that it also entails much bouncing on and off furniture and hanging off of anything that holds still long enough. I just hold my breath and hope he doesn't kill himself or break anything.
Evie just turned 14 months and her favorite things at the moment are anything to do with feet! Shoes, it's one of the few actual words she says. Well, she pronounces it more like, "shh-s" but it's clear what she means. Everyday she empties the little cupboard where we keep Jake's shoes and socks and carries them all over the house. For awhile there, every time we were getting ready to go somewhere Jake couldn't ever find his shoes. I was getting pretty upset with him for not putting them away in the right place, then I realized that mine were going missing too. And she will only wear one at a time so she can still walk around, so they can end up anywhere!
She is pretty excited about these socks too. I made this pair for myself and had enough yarn left over to make her some too. I finished her first one today and am starting the second one, the nice thing is they work up really quickly so maybe by the weekend we can have a mother-daughter sock day!
I just wanted to say thanks to you all for reading and when you post comments, because no mom can ever hear enough how cute her kids are, right? :)
Also in response to Bianca, those jammies are Carter's brand and I got them at Costo a few months ago. I couldn't resist. We love them too, whenever she wears them Brian calls her his "little chocolate baby".

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Child looks cute with the shoes....fantastic to see...My child would always wear josef seibel shoes