Monday, March 31, 2008

Kindergarten Round-up!

I can't believe my baby is old enough to go out into the world. I feel like the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding, "Why you want to leave me?!" Well, OK, I'm like 90% excited for this next part of our life and 10% scared to death at letting my child interact with more and more people. Last Friday we went to kindergarten registration, while the parents stood in line to show 27 types of identification and sign our names in blood, the kids went with the teachers to check out the classrooms, listen to a story, and play on the little toy. Several kids went whimpering, a few clung to their parents flat out refusing to be separated. I got as far as, "Jake, do you want..." and he was out the door and down the hall. So... that's a good thing right? I have a feeling come September I'll be the one in tears while my 5 year old pats my shoulder and says, "It's OK mom, I'll be home in a few hours..."

1 comments:

April Weeks said...

I am going to be very interested to watch what they do with this boy with how exceptionally intelligent he is, maybe they'll give him a subject to teach to keep him interested. At least he is extremely well behaved and polite so that won't be the issue.