Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A reading gene?

So I came into the living room to find this on my couch. Flashback to my childhood of snuggling and reading on the couch or in front of the fire on rainy days with my mom or sister (which is why gray, overcast days are my favorite kind of weather). And I remember my mom telling me stories about how she would hide in her closet and read instead of cleaning her room. So, I learned to love reading from my mom, my son and I had special time reading and going to the library, and now he reads to Evie (which is so cute it just would just about break your heart). Look what you started mom! I hope my all my children always love to read!

*And can I just take a moment to brag on Jake... my mother-in-law, who teaches the third grade, had him come to her school and take a reading comprehension test. It placed him reading at between a 2nd and 3rd grade level. Not bad for a 4 year old, huh? The grandparents can take credit for those smartie-pants genes too.

0 comments: