Friday, January 18, 2008

Parenting Truth #167






My kids have a lot of toys. As you can see from the chaos of their room, too many toys for our two-bedroom apartment. (I won't show you the rest of the house, it is too embarrassing but there are toys everywhere....) And my husband and I aren't even the ones responsible for such an amazing stockpile. Our kids are blessed with two sets of loving grandparents and on my side of the family with being the first and only grandchildren so far. So they also have aunts and uncles that spoil them. But I had to laugh this morning because for all the overabundance of things to play with they have spent the last hour playing with a box. A cardboard box. A brown, cardboard, moving box. (We are getting ready to move into our new house in about a week so there are boxes everywhere the toys aren't.) This made me think of one of those parenting truths no one ever tells you. No matter how much you spend on a toy for your child, they would much rather play with the box it comes in. I'm thinking that is something the toy manufactures don't want us to know.....

1 comments:

JD said...

That's it! I ain't buying you guys anymore toys. You hear me Jacob? You are cut off from hot wheels! LOL.