Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Potty Mouth

Evie is now 17 months old, (yea! one more month until nursery!) It seems like everyday she learns some new words. But here are a few things she says that remind me how nice it is when they can't talk back. I don't know where she learned this from, but whenever you call her name she doesn't come running.... she yells back, "what?" Drives me crazy. And of course one of her favorites is the word "no", but she mostly uses that with her brother. Which is kind of sad because he is really good at sharing with her, the little stinker. But the best (or worst) one right now is the way she says "sit", because it is kind of a combination of sit and chair so it comes out like "shit". (Sorry to offend anyone, but that is what she says) It is especially embarrassing in church as she hasn't learned to whisper yet and there are a lot of chairs to choose from. Tonight it was particularly appropriate though, every night before she gets in the bath she wants to sit on the toilet like the rest of the family. A precursor to potty training, I hope. Tonight I was holding her on the toilet and asking if she could go pee-pee, she looked down at the toilet for a moment, then looked at me and very clearly stated, "Daddy shit!" What can I say, that is where he.... um, sits.

0 comments: