Saturday, February 23, 2008

Calgon, Take Me Away!!!!

What is that saying about it never rains but it pours? That sums up our life right now. If you've been in touch with us in last two week you know that we are single-handedly supporting the medical profession. Finally, we've gone about 5 days with no one throwing up. Yea! So Thursday night we decided to turn our attention to finishing some of the stuff around the house, like unpacking the bathrooms and putting up the kitchen backsplash. So we went to the home improvement stores to get all the little bits and pieces we needed. When we got home I went downstairs to change the laundry and was greeted with water all over the floor. Yikes!! Was is the hot water heater, the washing machine? Nope, it was the main drain from our house out to the city line backing up into the house! Ah, the joys of being a homeowner, right? Well, two plumbers and too much money later we find that this was the mother of I-told-you-so's... I have been telling Brian for years that you cannot flush baby wipes. (Believe you me, he knows that now.) The plumber had to snake the drain 4 times to get them all out, he told me in 15 years he's never seen anyone have a bigger clog of baby wipes. And we've only lived here for a month! Then after he left, I spent the next 2 hours on my hands and knees scrubbing I-don't-even-want-to-know-what off every surface of my downstairs bathroom. Then wiping every thing down with bleach. I really need a little good luck to come my way for a change.

0 comments: