Monday, June 16, 2008

They come with a mute button?!!

Today for breakfast my kids asked for waffles. (Now before you fall down in shock and awe of my being such a domestic goddess, realize that I quickly pulled the waffles out of the freezer and popped them in the toaster...) I slathered them with butter and syrup and cut them into bite sized pieces before delivering them, with a flourish, to the table. Jake looked at the plates and said, "Hey, you gave me two waffles and Evie only one." I said, "Well, you always finish the first and ask for a second." Jake agreed with this and told me that is because he will always eat two waffles. I smiled and told him, "That is because you are a big, strong, and growing boy." He looked at me and gravely said, "No, Mom. I need them for my mute system." I asked, "A mute system? I didn't know you had one of those. Please, tell me how it works!" He thought for a moment and then said, "I guess I mean my immute system."

0 comments: