Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Iron Chef Telford

My children really enjoy watching the Food Network. One of our favorite shows is Iron Chef America. Every Sunday evening finds us cuddled on the couch as a family saying, "Oh, what is the secret ingredient?!" Jake has been know to walk into the kitchen while I'm cooking and scare me to death by yelling "ALLEZ CUISINE!" (French for "go cook!") Today he came upstairs wearing his apron and chef's hat and told me that he was playing Iron Chef and I was the judge. The secret ingredient was french rice, I don't know if there is really any such thing. First course was a chocolate creme brulee with pineapple sauce, followed by french rice soup with truffles and a delicate cheese sauce, and an Italian eggplant with a french rice risotto and butter sauce. (I just want you to know that I am typing verbatim how these dishes were described to me by the "chef".) I hope that someday soon he learns to cook all these things for real. I have to go make lunch now, and am not sure how his advanced palate is going to react when given the choice between peanut butter or mac'n cheese.

1 comments:

Elizabeth said...

French rice soup with truffles and a delicate cheese sauce...that's my favorite! :) Sign this Kid up for the kid's cooking camp at Sur La Table. Well, actually I would imagine he needs to be old enough to operate a stove to do that...or at least tall enough to see the burners. Maybe in a few years.

I think that is awesome that you guys love watching the Food Network. Right now Spencer and I are totally into the home and garden channel.