Monday, November 3, 2008

Daylight savings?


So, whoever decided that changing our clocks forward or backwards to get more daylight to work by was obviously not a parent of small children. My children came running into our room at 7:00am since they normally get up between 8 and 9, and their biological clocks aren't reset as easily as my microwave. Being Sunday morning, and because we have a late church block, the kids get to turn on the Disney channel and eat cold cereal while we sleep in. Evie decided she wanted a cheese stick instead and brought it in to me to open. I sent her around the other side of the bed to her dad, and heard her sweet little voice, "Daddy? You open dis for me?" Brian's groggy response, "Sure." Evie gave a little huff and said, "Daddy, don't say sure (imitating his growl), say YEAH (in a happy squeal)!" I laughed myself the rest of the way awake, and then shocked the heck out of my family by making blueberry waffles for breakfast. I don't think I have used the waffle iron for almost 2 years. When I asked if he wanted me to make waffles, Jake looked at me with his mouth open then said in an awed voice, "You can make those?" I think I'm nesting. Last night I made roast beef and mashed potatoes from scratch, and did the dishes, and the breakfast dishes too... hmmmm.

1 comments:

Mandy said...

I think you're right about the nesting thing!!! So exciting