Thursday, November 20, 2008

No Forward Progress...


I went to the Dr. yesterday and nothing... not even a little bit dilated. This wouldn't be such an issue but we are now in a bit of a time crunch because we want my mom to be around and lucid when this baby comes. My doctor was very kind and told me if I could get to a 3 on my own then they could induce and help the process along, but until then it is too risky to the baby. This is a lot of pressure on my cervix, and not the kind needed... Other than that disappointment we are just all hanging in there and spending a lot of time hanging out at Mima's. She is on some pretty heavy duty drugs, which makes her say some funny things. My personal favorite right now is she tells everyone, "Don't try to hold it in, your head will explode..." So if you come to visit you should be prepared to let all the emotions out because she doesn't put up with anything less. She is kind of like a big budget movie, you'll laugh, you'll cry, and because she is one amazing lady you'll come to offer comfort and leave feeling comforted and peaceful.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Chrissy and family, My love goes to you. I wish I could make it all better. Stay strong, and hold on to the Love. XOXO Lynnett :)

Emilie said...

Well said and I 100% agree with how amazing your mom is about the whole thing.

Sorry there is no progress. Here's praying for 0 to 10 in one day :)

Good thing you like epis!

Emily said...

Oh Chrissy! I am praying that your sweet baby is well and comes soon. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hay Dub said...

so no baby?! We are praying for you guys! Love ya so so much! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Amy said...

COME BABY COME!!! We are praying for you, your family and of course your mom. LOVE YOU!!