Monday, December 8, 2008

First Christmas



Yesterday evening we got together for a fun Christmas celebration. We went around and saw each others Christmas trees and decorations and then drove to the park to see the lights. After it got too cold we went back to Mima and Pa Dave's and had a mini gift exchange. Mima and Pa gave the kids new jammies and a Christmas storybook to read. Josh and Elena gave us each our wedding picture that Josh had photo shopped or something, you can see what they look like here. They are beautiful, and mom and dad have the whole set. They look really cool all together. Mom also gave Caitlin, Elena, and myself each a beautiful pearl necklace along with a letter about pearls of wisdom. It was a night of happiness and sadness and just enjoying being together doing some Christmas things. We hope Mima makes it to Christmas, but whatever happens we are making memories everyday and enjoying the time we have together as a family.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Those are such sweet pictures! It is nice to know that you are having some quality family time. We are always thinking of, and praying for you guys! Love you.

Sarah Larsen said...

This is Sarah (Wight) Larsen. I'm not sure if you remember me, I cut your husband's hair one time :) I love the Madsen family and especially Kim. She has been such a good friend and mentor to me. I found your blog through Kim's and have been checking your blog for updates. Your children are so beautiful and I loved how Kim's face would light up when she would talk about them. I would love to come see her but since I live far away don't know when I will get the chance. Please send her my love and appreciation for her example. Your family is in my prayers.