Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A High-jacked Tag

So I wasn't officially tagged by anyone, but I wanted to do this one so I am tagging my self!

1. What is something your mom always says to you? "Sufficient unto to the day is the evil thereof..." but I like that better than "Mosiah 4:14!"

2. What makes your mom happy? Being in her garden and being with her family.

3. What makes your mom sad? When she thinks that her grand babies won't remember her.

4. How does mom make you laugh? Her sometimes morbid sense of humor and when she forgets things like turning on the crock-pot after putting the dinner in it....

5. What was your mom like as a child? Smart and imaginative, she would put a towel on her head and pretend to be a princess with long flowing hair.

6. How old is your mom? 49, and as I have been informed numerous times if she makes it to the big 50 she expects one hell of a party and not a mock funeral as that would be in poor taste. (see, mom, I was listening...)

7. How tall is your mom? 5' 2"

8. What is her favorite thing to do? Garden and read.

9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Garden and read.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? We would love it for her to become famous in a medical study that found a way to cure cancer. On her own merits it would be her writing.

11. What is your mom really good at? Gardening and reading. She is also one of the most faithful and positive people I know. It isn't everyone who in facing their own death worries about helping others cope with it.

12. What is your mom not very good at? Remembering things (see #4). We call it chemo-brain.

13. What does your mom do for her job? Lives. She retired from being an executive assistant in January, which as she said was like getting paid for being a mother, organizing someone else's time, making sure they don't forget their homework, er, board meetings, etc.

14. What is your mom's favorite food? Right now, anything that doesn't hurt too much to swallow. She has sores in her mouth and throat as a side effect of the chemo. But she normally likes Mexican a lot.

15. What makes you proud of your mom? Everything. She is a woman who's price is far above rubies. She is patient beyond belief, uncomplaining, faithful and loving. She is also intelligent and independent. She raised us to have self-worth and compassion and I hope that I can do as good of a job mothering my children.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? The Undaunted Gardener, complete with cape and tights. (There is a visual for you.)

17. What do you and your mom do together? Go on adventures with my kids, hang out in her pool and just enjoy each others company.

18. How are you and your mom the same? No one can tell our voices apart on the phone, not even my brother and sister.

19. How are you and your mom different? I pretty much kill any plant I come in contact with, but she hasn't given up on me yet...

20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because she tells me. (Which might seem like a simplistic answer, but I am so grateful both my parents realized the importance of communication skills and taught us to tell people how we feel. You can never say "I love you" too much!)

5 comments:

Hay Dub said...

I love that tag Chrissy! and I love your mama!!

simply kris said...

that was beautiful. blessings to you and all of your family today and each tomorrow. xo, kris

Bianca said...

this was so sweet to read! I'm so glad you decided to "tag" yourself :D

April Weeks said...

Thank you Chrissy. I agree with all you wrote. Plus, I know you would feel that way even if you knew she would live to be 100.

Elena Loo said...

Very well said...thanks for making me cry at work! Sheesh.