Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School



I officially have a Kindergartner! Today school started and Jake is going to love it. They do things a little differently then they did when I started school, I went with him for this first day and we were only there for about an hour. Tomorrow he will go back for a 20 minute one-on-one with his teacher for an assessment and get-to-know-you. Then he has the rest of the week off. So it kind of feels like school starts next week for us, but I like that they ease these little kids into it and there weren't any screaming, terrified children (or parents) to make him nervous. When we got to his class his teacher sent us on a treasure hunt to learn the layout of the school and classroom a little and get some supplies. He was thrilled that he got his very own pencil box filled with pencils, crayons, markers and so on.

We took Evie over to play with Mima this morning so that I could concentrate all my attention on Jake and this new experience, so when we went to pick her up we all went swimming for a little while. I think the hardest part of this transition will be Evie not having her best friend around in the mornings.


5 comments:

simply kris said...

Flip! Those pics are fantastic. Does he look proud, or what?!?!?! hey, I have a giveaway ending tomorrow~ don't know if you knew...
xxoo, kris

Hay Dub said...

What a cool dude Jake is! Ya he is gonna love it! I love that pic on the bottom with their arms around each other. so precious. Ya Abee starts school in two weeks. Alex is going to freak! ha ha

Dinee said...

I can't believe Jake started school. I want to know if you cried. He looks great on his first day and looks all grown up.

Sarah said...

OH! that bottom picture of the best buds is just too cute for words!

Lawson Family said...

That is the sweetest picture on the bottom! Don't you just love it when your kids love eachother...on their own?