Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Jacob Observation

Today we were at my cousin's baby blessing. We had a nice lunch in the park across the street afterwards and the kids loved being able to run and play. As we were getting ready to go Jacob came up to me with a small chunk of concrete and asked if he could bring it home for his rock collection. I said, "Sure." But the problem was that his daddy had just told him no, but being a sneaky 5 year old he thought he could get around that. I gave him a "mom" look and told him that if dad says no, then that is that. Jake looked at me in disbelief and said, "But mom, you're in charge!" From the mouths of babes, right?

*and no, he was not allowed to bring the rock home because despite what some of you might think, Brian and I are actually a team and we try to parent with a united front...

1 comments:

simply kris said...

oooh they can be clever. mine are constantly running from one parent to the next. back and forth. unfortunately, they tend to wear one of us out.