Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Freaky Fortunes

We got Chinese food last night for dinner because Mommy was having a craving that was quickly seconded by Jacob. It was very good and of course we had fun at the end opening the fortune cookies. Some were not quite realistic, like Brian's said a new opportunity in sports would come his way... whatever that could mean. Jake's said that he could look forward to a new experience this weekend, well he does start school next Monday so the new experience could be a new bedtime. Mine said that I would accomplish my short term goal. I don't have too many of those, just keeping up with the laundry perhaps. But the best was Evie's (especially if you know her at all), it said "A new pair of shoes will do you a world of good." She liked that one and kept saying, "nu shus, nu shus, nu shus..." She really loves shoes, she loves to wear hers or anyone else's. And it cracks me up that she knows the different names for them, booo-ts, cocks (that would be crocs), chuch shus, pincess shus, and (my personal favorites) slip-slops. I think we need to work on the R and F sounds, hmmmm....

3 comments:

Dinee said...

I wish I got Evie's fortune! We had Chinese the other day and I can't remember what mine said-it was just stupid though. Tay really really wanted to call and hang out with you guys last night, but I told him we have to wait til Libby isn't puking anymore. Hopefully we can get together soon.

simply kris said...

that's adorable. my niece who is about Evie's age, told me that a mosquito bite was "shi-shun pops." and she calls me "trish-ess".

Lawson Family said...

It seems to be that the words "flip flops" get many different pronunciations from kids, but her's is my favorite!