Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My Little Copy-Cat


Evie just has to do whatever her big brother is doing. Whenever Jake is working on his homework, she grabs a coloring book and a seat by him to do her "homewurk". She also loves to repeat what anyone says to her. Today I was watching a Law & Order (anyone out there not know what a Law & Order junkie I am?) and when the murder scene was on screen I covered her eyes and told her it was yucky and not to look. After she went back to playing, she would come back to me every 5 minutes or so and cover my mouth with her hand and say, "Is ucky mom... don't yook."


I guess she comes by it honestly. Dinee and I can't seem to help picking out the same clothes for our girls even though we have never gone shopping together since Libby was born, and some of them were gifts bought by the grandparents. They have had several of the exact same outfits including their Christmas dresses last year, and they are both going as ladybugs for Halloween! I had to laugh when on two separate occasions in the last few weeks they have come over for dinner and game night and we pulled out the same jammies. Evie freaked out a little the other night when she got out of the tub and saw Libby in "her" duckie jammies! How cute are they though? I guess great minds think alike...

4 comments:

Amy said...

Your daughter is adorable. I love that Evie and Libby are all matchy matchy. How fun!!

Kim Madsen said...

I couldn't believe it when I saw the pictures...at first I thought "who the heck is that with Evie in matching outfits?" then I remembered how you've told me in the past you and Dinee have a predeliction for picking out the same clothes for your girls even though you never shop together. Shade of the past, eh? Remember the matching sweater incident with you and Dinee...was that high school or junior high?
Love, Mom

Elena Loo said...

Does that mean I have to take back those same PJ's for Huck cause they are for girls - or are ducks a multi-gender symbol? ☺ Way cute girls. I hope they stay friends for ever!

simply kris said...

I love copies! It makes them both feel special!
Let's buy twinner jammies!
AND I am SOOOOOOO sorry we didn't make it to dinner a few weeks back. I was in MAJOR mouth pain.
Forgive? Please?
xx