Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleep deprived...

I am NOT a morning person, never have been. I am especially not a morning person when I am up and down all night feeding a baby. (side note* I really wanted to hit my husband this morning when he looked at me feeding Lila for the 6th time since 3 am and said, "So, she slept good last night, huh?" I managed to refrain from saying anything more snide than, "Just because she didn't wake you up does not mean she slept well." I think he got the point.) But I will admit that I was already more than a little testy because Jake came up stairs with his typical "I can't go to school... I don't feel good" routine. He was quite firmly sent downstairs to get dressed and came back up 5 minutes later crying and covered with vomit. I think he threw up all over the downstairs on purpose because we wouldn't believe that he was sick. I need to read him the story about the boy who cried wolf...
So here I sit watching My Friends Tigger and Pooh, with Lila in her bouncer, a sink full of dirty dishes, an overflowing hamper, a stripped bed, and having scrubbed the carpet in half the rooms in my house. Oh crap, the 2 year old just woke up. So much for a nap. I am not getting dressed today.

5 comments:

April Weeks said...

I think there is a virus of BAD DAYS going around. It's on every young mother's blog that I have read. I wish I could be there to help you all, but this is just part of the package. This too shall pass. Know you are loved and your success is prayed for.

Emilie said...

Um...yeah, I think I'll take my bad day over yours. Sorry you have to deal with throw-up. That is the absolute worst!

Make Jake take a nap since he's sick and then maybe the girls will sleep at the same time too.....wishful thinking right?

I hope you get a nap. But I wouldn't get dressed either.

Dinee said...

Hey-I'm still in my pajamas. I'm trying to get laundry, dishes, etc etc done. My days off are never really a restful day off. Hang in there and call if you need something. I'll be there in 2 minutes-jammies and all.

Bianca said...

Definitely the least fun and least glamorous part of being a mother. But things always look better in hindsight, and that is truly a good thing, so that we have something to laugh about later! Sending you best wishes and good nap vibes :D

Lawson Family said...

That truly bites big time! Let's just hope that your kids stay under the radar today!