Wednesday, September 17, 2008

When Dad helps out...

Last night was awful, there is no other word for it. Evie and Jake both woke up with growing pains, Jake didn't wake all the way up and was settled back to bed pretty quickly. But Evie, she woke up screaming at about 3 a.m. with a sopping wet diaper and Brian changed her and brought her into bed with us. She would only settle if she was laying with her arm wrapped around my neck and her forehead pressed to mine, not exactly comfortable. Every 10 minutes or so she would start to cry and ask for breakfast, and we would tell her we would eat in the morning. After about an hour of this she started screaming unconsolably that her legs hurt. So we got her some Tylenol and tried to get her to relax, which she did for about 5 minutes and then was screaming for food. Brian, bless his heart, took her out to the kitchen and started feeding her some cereal. But by now I was fully awake so I came out a took over so he could get some sleep before work. Evie finally crashed at about 6 a.m., so Brian let us sleep in this morning and got Jake ready and took him to school for me. (Best-Dad-Ever award!) But I think he was still pretty tired, when I went to pick Jake up from school as he was getting in the car I noticed something looked off about his clothes...

I asked Jake, "Why is your shirt on backwards?" He looked down and said, "Huh. I didn't realize it was." We all need more sleep.

4 comments:

Hay Dub said...

OK I am laughing so hard. So sorry you had a rough night, but the shirt on backwards is funny. Brett has dressed our girls in some pretty crazy outfits, and I wont mention the hair, so Jake looks pretty good considering. ha ha.

Emilie said...

LOL!!!!

Elena Loo said...

Ha ha ha! You have to laugh at that. Its so 'real life"!! Sorry the night was so rough. I'm sure I won't be laughing about that soon.

Mandy said...

That's a winner! So funny, I'm still laughing- but sorry about the long night, those are awful!