Saturday, April 4, 2009

I'm back!!


...and we are excited! I am posting this from my new computer courtesy of my Dad and brother, it is so awesome to have people in your life that know stuff and are willing to share their time and talents, and technology! Nothing can hold me back now as I have a streamlined operation for taking my pictures and making them look cooler than just no red-eye! (I may even be blogging more than once a day as I play around with my new toy...)

Plus I won't have to wait to tell funny stories until I forget them. Like last night Aunt Caite was over doing some sewing with me and while she was waiting to wash her fabric she took the time to play Mario Kart with Jake. The kid was talking some serious smack to her and it was hard to reprimand him for being disrespectful to his aunt because I was doubled over laughing. A sample of their conversation:
Jake: "Don't worry Caite, I'll pick an easier course for you next time...", "...um, Caite? Do you want me to give you a tip?", "Don't worry, I'm only going to take 2nd place this time."
But by far the best was when they decided to team up their efforts and take on the computer, taking turns driving and throwing stuff at their opponents.
Jake: "Hey, Caite, I think maybe I'd better steer next time."
Caite: (laughs indignantly) "No Jake, I will steer."
Jake: "Oh great. There goes my racing career."
That was the last race of the night for Caite.

Earlier that day Caitlin also told me that Jake asked her if she had read all the Harry Potter books?
Caite: "Yes I have."
Jake: "Oh, my mom hasn't read the last one yet."
Caite: "Well, she is funny like that."
Jake: "No, she has just been really busy blogging, sewing, reading library books and watching Law and Order."
It is harsh to have your life put into a nutshell by a 5 year old.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Yes indeedy, we are excited! After all a day without a Jakism or Evieism is like a day without sunshine. And that photo of those babycakes is tooooooooo cute!

Lawson Family said...

Ah man! I don't think I would want to know how my kids viewed how I spent my time! He sure is funny kid!

Elena Loo said...

We have cute kids. Yours are so funny too! I got similar treatment from Jake once when I was playing with him. We both found it hilarious how BAD I was at the simple car racing game on Dave's X Box.
"Elena, you need to back up so you can get out of the corner."
"I'm trying!!"
"Just do it. Push this button."
"I am!!"
"Oop... I just won. You only have 10 more seconds. You better hurry"
... Game over.
Jake says, "I think you need more practice."

Oh funny kid.

Sandra and Brent said...

Chrissy, this post made me laugh out loud PARTICULARLY the last line about having your life summed up by your five year old!It's pretty funny how our kids view us! The baby photo is just plain adorable. I'd love to just kiss their little cheeks off their faces. Love ya, Sandra
P.S. I've posted my favorite cooking blog along with the other blogs that I track. Check it out . . . it has some great recipes.

Sarah said...

Yay! I love Jake stories. Looks like Evie is starting to come into her own in that department too :). Good luck with the photos, I'm lucky I even get the red eye out. Maybe you'll have to teach me :)

Susan said...

I'll never forget the time that Jake had to walk me through turning on the television and using the remote at your parent's house. He tried to be patient but the big sighs he let out when I just couldn't figure it out let me know that I was trying his patience. :)