Friday, April 10, 2009

Some random musings from yesterday...

So I started out my morning once again fondly imagining a future, that is hopefully not too far away, in which I will be able to take an entire shower with no one trying to talk to me through the door. Does anyone have any tricks to convince a 2 year old that the world will not end if Mommy goes into the bathroom for 10 minutes by herself. And that I can't hear her over the running water anyway?
But even with all that it was a good day, the kids and I loaded up and met up with Dinee and Libby to enjoy some time wandering craft stores and then headed up to Ogden to hang with Haylee and her girls for awhile. And since my children think anything longer than 10 minutes in the car equals a road trip I decided to bribe them with food and drink in exchange for not whining and fighting. And dang, if it didn't work! But I had to laugh as I realized I had reached that stage of motherhood... you know, the one where you are rollin' along in the mini-van, sucking down a Capri-sun and rocking out to Little People Sing Silly Songs. (I have to give them props though, for an awesome rendition of There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea.) Anyone younger than me who is rolling their eyes at this post, just you wait my friends. Your day will come.
Not bad since the Wednesday was particularly awful because our Jeep got broken into and the stereo ripped out while Brian was at work. He came home in a less than happy mood. At one point while we were talking about it he said, "Seriously. Who steals from someone who is handicapped, parked in the handicapped stall so close to the door?" I thought for a moment and responded, "Ummm, someone who figures if you come out and catch them in your car you won't be able to chase them?" Poor Bri, he gets no respect at all. Because he has graduated to forearm braced crutches he got a messenger type bag he can use to carry things. He calls it his "man bag". He was met at the front door last night by Evie who said, "Oh Daddy! I was missing you! I am so glad you are home with your purse!"
It's days like these that make think of our family motto: Be Happy Now!...avoid the rush.

6 comments:

Elena Loo said...

Poor Brian... we felt so bad for you guys. That really is cute what Evie said. She's a doll. I'll call you and let you know when I can't take a shower in peace... hopefully not anytime TOO soon :).

April Weeks said...

That's a good motto. Sorry to hear about the stolen stereo

=MaSoN= said...

Man what the heck, that sucks about the stereo why are people so mean?. And dont worry i dont even get to have the bathroom door closed anymore.... But here is where I just dont get it.. When Milo is going potty you cant even stand in there with him because he wants to be alone?????????? Oh well thats what being a mom is all about.. But I feel for ya!!!!

Unknown said...

Brian, I can't wait to see your "man purse"!!!What a cutie that Evie is!!! I miss these little kids! I'm coming the end of April and can't wait to see them! Lila is a doll too!

Kamra

Sandra and Brent said...

Oh Chrissy . . . I love to read your blog because it brings up so many memories for me. I used to rip along in the minivan singing along with the kids to the strains of "Bathtime Magic" . . . it's still one of my favorite kid C.D.'s. My favorite song is "You Can Never Go Down the Drain". Sorry about the car break-in. That just isn't fair. I'm curious . . . did Brian think the whole "someone who knows you won't be able to catch them" thing was funny? I admit, it gave me a good laugh. Brent never gets much sympathy around here either! Love ya, Sandra

Susan said...

Hey, I'm still waiting for the day that I can take an uninterupted shower. I guess it's that captive audience thing.