Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ponies for my monkey...

Today is a notable day at our house.  At the advanced age of almost 22 months, Lila was able to sport her first set of ponies!


Up to now we've only been able to do tiny baby ponies (or whale spouts) on the top of her head. I am thrilled that we are finally getting to a point where we can choose something besides one or two tiny ponies for doing her hair. The lack of hair to do has led to some pretty frizzy bed-head days for this little one...


This feels like such a milestone for my "folliclly challenged" baby!


In other good news on the Lila front, the last two teeth we were waiting on finally made an appearance this week. Things are looking quite favorable to be "binky-free" on or shortly after her 2nd birthday!

I was also thinking about getting her ears pierced on her birthday.  That's how old Evie was when we pierced her ears, and lately Lila has been noticing when we change Evie's earrings and asking to wear them.  Today she climbed up next to Evie and gently touched the cherry earrings she had on.  Then Lila looked at me and said, "Oooo, way coot!"  (Way Cute. Way is her new favorite word. Every thing is "way" instead of very.) I asked her, "Do you want to wear earrings?"  She smiled hugely and said, "Esss!"  I told her, "Okay. When you get earrings they have a little machine that pinches your ear like this (and I pinched her ear) and then it hurts for a minute."  She frowned and backed away as quickly as she could and said, "Way hurt!"  I asked her again, "Do you want to wear earrings?"  She shook her head vehemently and ran out of the room saying, "No No No No No!"  So I am thinking we won't be piercing her ears for awhile.  I guess the stage where beauty trumps pain is different for every girl...


And that's okay.  She's adorable just the way she is.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

She is way "coot" herself.

Amanda said...

I have a distinct memory of sitting in Primary with Grace at 5 mo. and the Ayalas on the row in front of us with Ariana (same age). Grace had this huge, mostly bald head and short little spaghetti legs and here was Ariana, full head of hair, wearing ponytails--and pretty long ones at that--holding her dad's thumbs, standing on his lap. Grace's slow hair beginning doesn't seem to have had any lasting effects, though. Cute ponytails Lila!

Sandra and Brent said...

Sweet post, Chrissy! I can't believe how much Lila has grown since I saw her last. Love the "ponies". Love you, Sandra

NAT said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the ponies!