Monday, March 16, 2009

It's sad when your 5 year old makes you feel stupid...

Jake often uses words that you wouldn't expect a five year old to know, let alone use correctly. For instance, last Friday we went to a St. Patrick's day celebration at our local library and a kid from Jake's school class was there. And what does Jake say? "Hey Mom, there is one of my classmates!" Oh great, I have a pretentious kindergartner on my hands.


And then just a few minutes ago when I asked him to carry the laundry hamper downstairs his response was, "Oh Mom, I really can't... my hands are just too weary." "Weary," I asked incredulously, thinking to myself, "Where did you learn that word?" Jake gave me a rather pitying look and said, "Weary means really tired, mom."

*I had to add some more to this post. Brian just got home from work, he stopped at the store on the way home to get some sort of green food for Jake to take for his St. Patrick's Day party at school tomorrow. He bought green sour apple gummy candies, because all kids love candy right? He excitedly showed them to Jake, who's reaction was a disappointed, "Awww man, I wanted to take celery..." I'm telling you that kid is not normal.

1 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

What a character! It's not like you have a shabby vocabulary, Chrissy . . . where do you THINK he's hearing all these words!? Love ya, Sandra