Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let's go fly a kite...



We joined Grandpa Dave and Uncle Josh for a picnic after church on Sunday, and took advantage of the best kite flying weather we have had for awhile. But we were pretty cold by the end! I love kite flying, it brings back great memories for me. The best kite I ever had was a cool dragon one that I sent away for with cereal box tops... I wonder whatever happened to that kite? How crazy is it that you could fly kites on Sunday and Monday everything was covered in snow again? Anyone else getting cabin fever?

3 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

I love kite flying too, Chrissy. When I was a little girl, my dad would drag the old red box kite out of the garage and we'd fly it in the famous Alberta chinook spring winds. Great memories. It looks like it was a great afternoon. Love ya, Sandra

Mandy said...

Looks like fun, I love the fish kite! Just nine more days and then it's goodbye winter!

Susan said...

What a fun day for the both the kids and grownups. I was watching some PBS show the other night and it talked about the art of kite flying. What a great idea! And, yes, enough with the snow already!!!