Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

I am 30! That's right, the big three-oh... so how did I spend the day? Mostly just the regular mom stuff (although I did treat my kids to happy meals because I didn't feel like cooking on my birthday) dishes, diapers, ect. But the fun started this evening when I got to dress up and go out with other grown-ups to play. Thanks to Caite and Patrick, and Jim and Terrie, for baby-sitting. (And by dress up, I mean clothes that aren't sweats or pajamas and make-up.)

We went to eat here...

...with these cool people...

...and Brian got the "most awesome" pasta ever! (according to the server).

I was psyched that these were on sale at Bath and Body Works, and they even had my favorite scent, Kitchen Lemon.

I got some very nice cards from my grandmas, plus this great one from my dad...(yea for guilt-free spending money!)

...the aforementioned cool people gave me these beautiful flowers...

...and hubby actually pulled off a surprise with season #1 of one of my favorite shows.

(These are my birthday present to me!)

Another great surprise was the cool red colander from my in-laws, doesn't it look great on the pot rack?

And last, but not least, my sweet sisters-in-law gave me this statue. I love these Willow Tree figurines, and I cried when I opened this present. It is perfect!

So thank you to everyone who made this a pretty great birthday... and so far I don't feel much different than I did at 29. Three decades and not a gray hair to show for it. (Knock on wood...)

8 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for you! Happy Happy Birthday Chris. It looks like you had an awesome day. You'll have to let me know if 30 is all everyone says it is!

Lawson Family said...

Wow! Sounds like you couldn't have asked for a better 30th! Happy Birthday!

Hay Dub said...

Happy Birthday Christiane!!! Looks like you had a good time. I am not looking forward to turning 30 at the end of this year. I am glad you could pave the way. haha. I called you last night and talked to Jacob. He is so cute. He told me to tell Aree hi and that he would let his mom know I called. How old is he again? lol. I totally love that kid! Talk to ya soon!
Hay

Steven and Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you're 30--still--I just can't believe it. So, I'll just pretend you turned 26--which is what I thought you were turning!

Hope it was a great one!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! What a great way to celebrate 30 great years!

Dinee said...

Wow, I'm a cool person?! We had a great time celebrating your birthday with you. I wish you had them more often so we could just keep doing this over and over. Thanks for inviting us!

Bianca said...

Happy birthday!! I think you are a pretty cool person, so it's great that you got a pretty cool birthday :D

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like it was a great day. I love the red colander, it is a very cute red accent for your very cute red kitchen.