Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A pink rastafarian and some "brochet"...


I got these neat new curlers for my birthday and tried them out on Evie. Brian said it looked like she had pink dreadlocks...

They made some very nice curls though.


And here is Jake working on a sewing project. Not surprising that my kids want to learn how to sew, or knit, or crochet...
I remember that one of the first crafts my mom taught me was needlepoint on plastic canvas, she called it barjelo. sp? (I don't know if anyone else calls it that?) Jake can't seem to remember that word however and he keeps calling it his "brochet", which I can only assume is a more masculine version of crochet...

11 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL. I may have to try a little 'brochet' myself. :)

Dinee said...

Those curlers are cool. Where did you get them?

Chrissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chrissy said...

I got them at Sally's Beauty Supply after seeing them on one of the hair blogs I read.

Lawson Family said...

I love it! "Brochet'! Those curlers were amazing! I've never seen anything like it.

Emilie said...

What are the curlers called?

And do you think Karaia is old enough to use the sewing machine? She keeps asking, but seeing as I am such a novice I'm afraid. HEY! Maybe she could take lessons from you!

But I'm sure I could teach her how to brochet.

Chrissy said...

The curlers are called curlformers.

You can always start her sewing on paper with no thread, draw shapes and have her practice by following their outline. If there is no thread nothing can get bound up and tangled. Is she at all interested in hand sewing too? You can tell her sewing takes alot of patience to finish a project... I think sewing lessons would be fun, let them run wild with scraps and muslin and see what their imaginations come up with.

Emily said...

Those are great curls! So pretty!

Sandra and Brent said...

Brent's mom used to wrap her daughters and granddaughter's hair up in rags. Definitely not as fancy as the pink dreadlocks, however. I so enjoy your posts, Chrissy. Love ya, Sandra

Elizabeth said...

Holy cow, those curls are gorgeous! However, I also like the pink and orange rastafarian look.

Jen said...

Those are awesome ringlets. Remember the old rollers...wow they have come a long way.