Friday, February 20, 2009

Jakeisms...

*Disclaimer* If you have to pee, do that before you read on...

This kid just cracks me up, when we went to Red Lobster on Valentine's Day with the fam he and Evie were fascinated by the lobster tank in the front of the restaurant. Everyone was joking that if Jake picked out a lobster he would want it for a pet, and I said we watched enough Food Network that he knew lobsters were for eating. Jake asked me why they weren't red and I told him they turned red when they were cooked, he looked at the tank and then paraphrased from an episode of Iron Chef, "Happiness is no longer an issue for that lobster..." (He also said he was picking out a 3 banded lobster for his dinner, he ended up being quite content with the kid's popcorn shrimp thank goodness.)

Yesterday as we pulled out of a parking lot Jake yelled from the back seat, "Hey! Look at that Porsche! Ummm, or maybe it's a minivan." I started to laugh because even I can tell the difference between a Porsche and a minivan.

Today we were watching some TV and Jake was playing on the floor with some of his hot wheels and out of the blue he sat up and said, "Boy, I'm glad I don't have a wife!" After a moment of startled silence I asked him why. He replied, "They just seem like an awful lot of work." So I want to know who's been talking to him about marriage....

5 comments:

Emilie said...

I'm glad you are recording his preconceived notions of marriage....it gives his future wife a little wiggle room.

"Honey, I don't know why you are complaining. You knew wives were hard work before you married me."

Sandra and Brent said...

Hey Chrissy,
Where does this child come from? He's absolutely hilarious! I especially loved the Iron Chef quote. I'm so glad that you had a happy 30th birthday . . . you deserved it. You know me, I'm all about birthdays. Not just a day but several days that I refer to as my "birthday season"! I love Kitchen Lemon also but didn't think they had it anymore. Woo hoo! Love ya, Sandra

Emily said...

Priceless! That is awesome that you are recording these. I forget what funny things my kids say, becasue I never write them down!

Elena Loo said...

GET OUT OF THE MEAT FREEZER!!!
He makes me laugh!

Robert said...

That kid is TRULY one in a million. You won the spirit lottery when they sent Jacob to you!

Love from Denver!

Uncle Robert