Monday, August 10, 2009

Because that's what I do...

On Saturday afternoon Evie got a hold of the camera. I deleted about 20 blurry and bleached out shots of the bottom half of her face. She loves to take pictures. Don't every leave your camera lying around our house or you will end up with a memory card full of people's knees and bums from a three year old perspective. She was sitting on the couch snapping random shots of the living room when she took this shot of Brian in the kitchen making Lila a bottle.


Then she smiled at him and said proudly, "I took you picture Daddy, and Mommy will put it on the blog!" How could I disappoint that confidence? So there you go, photography by Evie, now taking appointments if you are in the market for out of focus pictures that will mostly have a little finger obscuring the subject.

This picture is for Lynnett and Caitlin who helped talk me into buying this cute knitted dress for Evie, by pointing out I could buy it on sale for cheaper than I could buy the yarn to make it. I think this is going to be my favorite fall outfit for her! Doesn't she just look snuggly?


Here we are playing beauty parlor. Actually this is how I get her to let me trim her finger and toe nails without pitching a fit. She is fine with it if I paint them after.


This just makes me laugh at her poor little toes stretched apart by the spacers. But hey, they are pink and purple so that makes it all okay.

4 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Ah,the sweater dress is so cute! They did good talking you into buying that. McKinney loves to take pictures too, but intentially takes that's pictures way too close to even recognize the subject. So funny!

April Weeks said...

You are a darling mom, Chrissy. Your children are very blessed to have you.

Amanda said...

I love the outfit! Girls are so fun to dress. Cute Evie!

Amy said...

First, I love the little sweater dress. Second, I can't get over how adorable Evie is. So cute she wants to post her artistic perspective on your blog. P.S. I don't remember if I told you that I love the hair clips and so does Olivia I also love the little purse. It is great!! (Things have been really crazy the last month or so and I am so sorry if I didn't tell you thanks!)