Friday, August 28, 2009

A tragedy on a Thursday...

Thursday nights are my "mommy's night off". I go to a knitting group and enjoy some adult conversation that is uninterrupted for a blissful 3 hours. It literally saves my sanity at points throughout the week, knowing that I have Thursday nights to look forward to. And Brian is very sweet and good about coming home a little early, and getting the kids fed and ready for bed. And most weeks he even cleans the kitchen too! Even though it is hard for him to stand for long periods of time. Last night was a great knit night and I came home feeling refreshed and ready to take up my mommy mantle again...

This is what greeted my return.


Poor baby. I really hate this stage of mobility where they are just strong enough and tall enough to pull everything over on themselves. Brian was doing the dishes and Jake was watching Lila in the living room when she pulled a TV tray over on her face. Again. For the second day in a row. (I also added this picture because if you look close you can see those bottom two teeth are really close to cutting in, making her further in pain and unhappy.)


She already has a bruise over that same eye from where she pulled the same TV tray over on herself the day before.


A black eye and bruised nose. I am really starting to worry people are going to think I beat my children, all three of them have had major contusions on their heads and faces in the last 10 days! I really don't beat children, but until the clumsy bug leaves our house you might not want me to baby-sit...

5 comments:

Mary said...

Poor Lila! Those early exploring adventures inevitably include some mishaps.

Unknown said...

Poor baby!! I know how you feel Chrissy. I was taking Matt to the ER contantly for stitches between the ages of 12 mo and 24 mo. He would trip while he was walking and inevitably hit his head on something!
Give her a kiss and hug for me!

Sandra and Brent said...

Hi Chrissy,
I just got back from Lake Powell where we hosted several of Annie's friends from her BYU Jerusalem experience, for five days. I'm exhausted but had to check my favorite blogs. You didn't let me down! So fun to read about corn, contusions, haircuts, father-daughter bonding, and "tender spirits"! Thanks for sharing those cute kids of yours. Love ya, Sandra

Dinee said...

Oh no-she's just like her sister!

Emilie said...

Awww poor baby! Nothing like a few good battle wounds to decorate the joys of growing up.


Those teeth are so close to breaking.