Sunday, August 23, 2009

Evie's "flat lip"

Poor Evie. She went face first into the fireplace hearth this afternoon. I think it's a miracle we didn't end up having to get stitches...


When I told her to try to smile for the camera so I could document this latest injury, she gave me this grimace. Then in a pitiful little voice she said, "Mom, my smiler is not workin'." Oh. Just about broke my heart.


But the good side is that she doesn't start preschool for another week so hopefully by then the swelling will be gone and she won't look like she's just gone ten rounds in a prize fight. Of course the day before she bruised her other cheek when she dropped a phone book down her face, corner first. A few days to heal might be asking a bit much...

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Poor Evie! I love how she calls it a "flat lip". Brings back memories of my kids saying that. I'm very glad she didn't need stitches. I hate our fireplaces with the raised hearths!!! As soon as we can we're tearing ours out. We've had two kids get stitches after run-ins with those stupid things.