Monday, February 21, 2011

Family Fun Day

Today we took the kids to the Living Planet Aquarium. We'd never been before. My overall opinion; not bad, but a little pricey for what you get.  Also, do not attempt to go on a holiday as half of the state will also have the same idea. We were sad that we didn't get to see the penguins at all because we weren't willing to wait in line for an hour and then jockey for position...

But the good points:


The kids really liked looking at all the fish. 


 I really liked the built in steps in front of each display window which meant I didn't have to keep lifting a 26 lb. toddler up to see.


The frogs were my kids favorite. 


Evie and Lila checking out more frogs...


Jake was also very interested by the brine shrimp and the boat where you could pretend to drive and learn more about brine shrimping in the Great Salt Lake.


Of course that meant Evie needed a turn...


And Lila too. 
(She spent her turn whining that she couldn't really reach the steering wheel. I think she was afraid she was going to fall off the chair.)


More frogs. Evie was showing me how a frog catches food by sticking it's tongue way out. I couldn't snap a picture fast enough to catch her sticking hers out.


After the aquarium we decided we weren't quite ready to head home, so we found a matinee showing of Tangled. Brian hadn't seen it yet and Evie and Lila were beside themselves with excitement to get to go see it again. I was really impressed that Lila sat on a chair and (mostly) quietly watched the show.  She did crack us (and the people around us) up before it started by loudly and repeatedly exclaiming, "Best. Day. EVER!"  
It was pretty fun...

2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

Happy Birthday Chrissy and if I may say so, you look GREAT! I'm glad that you had a good birthday. Laura, Jordan, Lucy and I went to the Aquarium on Saturday and although it was crowded, I don't think it was quite as crowded as you said it was today. We really enjoyed it and got a cute photo of Lucy on the big frog like your kids! I loved the jellyfish and the seahorses. Can't wait until they can fund the big aquarium by the Gateway.

Mandy said...

Looks like the kids had a lot of fun, wish we were there.

Happy late birthday! Sounds like your new diet is working great, way to go lady!

Miss you guys