Friday, February 11, 2011

I feel like such a grown-up...

We finally got the cabinet for our new television.  I am really pleased with how it looks. (Plus we got a great deal on it, which makes it that much nicer every time I look at it.)  When we started the whole process of replacing the television, I told Brian I would leave it up to him to decide what electronics  we purchased, but it was really important to me that we get a nice cabinet to house it all. I didn't want something that looked cheap or just to make do. I didn't want something that looked like it could have come from our school/early married life.  If it is going to be one of the first things you see when you walk in my house, I wanted it to look like a piece of furniture that belonged in the living room.  

Mission accomplished.


The girls think it doubles as a neat playhouse...


"Hello Evie!"   "Hello Lila!"


I like being in the stage of life where we don't have to take "how big a pain would it be to move" into consideration when purchasing furniture...

1 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

I still remember the thrill of our first few pieces of REAL furniture. Furniture that wasn't assembled from cinder blocks and pressboard planks, that is! So happy for you! Love, Sandra