Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NOT the blue-footed variety...

This afternoon as we were driving home from a couple of errands we pulled up behind a car that had several bumper stickers plastered to it.  One of them said "boobies!"  I didn't think too much of it. Then from the back seat Jacob yelled, "Inappropriate bumper sticker!" Caite and I laughed, and then I asked him, "What is inappropriate about it?"  (Both because I really wanted to know what his thought process was, and to tease him a little. I admit it.)  There was a moment of stunned silence and then he replied, "Uh- that one that starts with a B, you know, boobies."  "Why is that inappropriate though, maybe they mean the blue-footed variety," I said. Caitlin chimed in with, "Or maybe they mean someone who cries a lot."  Jake said, "Yeah. I don't think they'd make a bumper sticker about bird's feet, Mom."  "So what do you think they mean Jake?"  There was an exasperated sigh and then, "You know, buttons." "Buttons?" "Yes. Buttons. Like the ones on your chest. That women have. Like yours Mom... I don't like where this conversation is heading."  Caite and I started laughing again and Jake, soundly slightly offended, asked, "So is 'inappropriate bumper sticker' okay... or would you rather I just yelled out Boobies!?"  Once I stopped laughing enough to talk I assured him that inappropriate bumper sticker was just fine.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

I so need that laugh.

I guess we need to revamp our standby of, "these are Josh's" to "These are inappropriate bumper stickers!"

Megs said...

that is priceless.

oh man,

I can't stop laughing!

Sarah said...

Poor Jake. He just can't make a comment without getting teased can he? :)