Monday, March 14, 2011

6 weeks in...

Today was the last day of the strict diet part of my new life, now I have to take what I've learned and just go forward making healthy choices. Today was also my final weigh in with the diet.  To date I have lost 14.4 lbs and a total of 13.5 inches. I am thrilled. I feel strong. I feel healthy. I feel very proud. And even though I am not yet where I need and want to be, I feel empowered and confident that I will keep going the direction I want to go.  The bigger challenge right now is having to buy new pants every three weeks. Thank heavens for the D.I., other wise I couldn't afford to!

Now I need to say some thank yous. Thank you to Emilie (again and again!) for encouraging me and letting me tag along with her, I would not have done this with out her. Thank you to my dad for being willing to help me on this journey financially, I could not have done this with out him. And thank you to my sweet husband for the continuing praise, support and help (not tempting me or trying to sabotage my efforts, and kicking me out of bed some mornings...), I get to keep doing this because of him.  I also want to thank Caite for my great birthday present. She gave me a necklace with a compass medallion on it, and on the back it says "There are no short cuts to anywhere worth going."  It has helped me stay strong on days when I think that one little cookie won't hurt...

7 comments:

Emilie said...

I am SOOO proud of you! Seriously, you are so strong and committed and I know you are going to reach your end goal before you know it!

Sandra and Brent said...

Bravo, Chrissy. What a great investment you're making in yourself. Your feeling of empowerment will be such a blessing to your kids. You go, girl!

JD and Elena said...

Seriously so proud of you! You rock! (and inspire me)! Really - I don't have the words - you are awesome!

April Weeks said...

That is so great, Chrissy

Sarah said...

YAY! Congrats:)

Amanda said...

You're an inspiration! And D.I. is my favorite place for jeans.

Sarah said...

I echo all of the above. I know it is not an easy journey. You rock!