Saturday, March 19, 2011

Growth spurts are expensive...

Last night as we were getting ready to go out to dinner, Brian looked at Evie's outfit and said, "Evie, why are you wearing capri pants? It's cold out." I looked over to see if she had changed clothes since the last time I'd seen her. She hadn't. I said to Brian, "Those aren't capris, honey. Those are her pants. She's had a growth spurt."


That's my tall girl. Four inch floods showing off the purple socks she picked out to go with the red, white and black outfit. So she and I headed out to do a little pants shopping, thanks to Pa Dave's generosity. It just kills me, all those cute clothes we got her in September for school and six months later they don't fit. Ah well, the silver lining is there is hardly any wear on them so they will make great hand me downs for Lila. 

And just because it makes me smile...


I look at these pictures and hear, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday..."

3 comments:

Natalie said...

The woes of being tall. I feel her pain. :)

Amanda said...

I wondered how you got those tight little curls all over your girls' heads. They looked so cute at church!

Sandra and Brent said...

Okay . . . those photos of the girls in their sponge curlers are waaaay beyond cute! Thanks for another big smile!