Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sickies, soup, and silliness...

Everyone in this family is sick. Everyone except me. Because mothers don't get sick days, but that is an entirely different post...


I hate spring colds, brought on by impatient children who run outside barefoot and jacket-less the second the temperatures soar above thirty five degrees. I hate that with the whole next week off of school because of spring break, Jake missed school today. I hate that when the day was finally warm enough to let the little monsters run wild in the backyard, we were all couped up inside with low-grade fevers, coughs and running noses.


I did get to enjoy snuggling up with all my kiddos and watching a silly old movie, Thoroughly Modern Millie. I especially loved the part where the hero of the movie is climbing the outside of a building to see the girl he is in love with. Jake, my ever literal child, turned to me with a look confusion and asked, "What is he doing? Is he crazy?!" I said, "Well, men do crazy things when they fall in love."  He contemplated that for a moment, then shook his head in disgust and said with heartfelt sarcasm, "Oh great, I can't wait."

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun! not the sick part. I recently watched 'Thoroughly Modern Millie' not with my kids, per se, but they were occasionally in the room while it was on.