Saturday, March 26, 2011

I must remember for next year...

I've been spending the last couple of days at my dad's house. Brian went out of town on his yearly "golfing" weekend and Thursday night was the first night since we've been married that I stayed overnight with just the children. Always before I either stayed with my mom or Caitlin came and stayed with me. Um, I didn't do well. I woke up at every little noise and finally gave up any pretense at being a capable grown-up and slept with the lamps on. I even strongly considered hauling everyone out of bed and over to my dad's at 3 am, except for that would mean getting them up early to make it back in time for school...

Last night was much better, even if it meant sharing a bed with all three of my children. They of course are ecstatic at the prospect of having a "two night sleepover!" with Caite and Patrick. We've been enjoying our mini vacation to Pa Dave's by watching old movies like The Secret of Nimh and Fern Gully, and having chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream and strawberries for dinner, and playing the Kinect for hours at a time. Yup, you ask any of my children and they will tell you that Pa Dave's rates a solid four stars.

I am just grateful that Caite and Patrick are willing to let me and my little hooligans crash with them. And I am even more grateful not to have to do the church thing as a single parent tomorrow...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You are brave to even attempt it one night!


When Steven worked nights last year, I couldn't sleep at all, so I ended up being awake at night and took naps throughout the day!

Emilie said...

I hate night time when Kev is away. It is SO hard to sleep