Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Special Invitation...

Yesterday, after our fun day at the park, bath time was in order for everyone. Jake ran down to his room to get clean pajamas and came running back upstairs shouting excitedly and waving an envelope he found tucked in one of his dresser drawers!


A special delivery by the leprechauns!


The invitation.


Evie was equally excited.


The rules of the game.


Evie is going to take the invitation for show and tell to preschool on Monday. She can't wait to share how they got mail from a "really and truly leprechaun!"


Jake is already planning out the perfect trap...

A few minutes after reading the invitation he said, "Yeah, but I'll bet you if we do get any gold it will end up being chocolate."  I looked at Caite for a moment, then smoothly explained, "Well, there is nowhere to spend magical gold in this world. That's why it turns into chocolate." Fortunately they both found that answer to be extremely plausible. Whew. 
Of course if the traps don't work I am sure I will be the one stuck with the job of "untying" all their socks...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I guess I missed out on some holiday stuff when I was a kid cause I have no idea what you mean about the socks and who knew people tried to trap leprechans? Where have I been?

Sarah said...

Ok. I just enlarged the rules picture and read them. Where do you come up with this stuff? Can you be my kids mom too?

Amanda said...

Very quick thinking with that answer about the gold coins. Clever mama!

Sandra and Brent said...

Brilliant Chrissy! St Pat's has always been a big deal around here but I've never seen anything so clever as the "leprechaun games"! I WILL be incorporating this into my grandparenting.