Sunday, March 6, 2011

Girl time!

Okay, the details of our fun day out:

I got up and went to the gym early. When I got back Tiffany was awake...


...but Caite (who had spent the night) required a little torture persuasion that it was time to get up.




This is me telling her it's time to be happy!


This is my response when she said she didn't want to.


Once she decided we weren't going to leave her in peace she got up and we all got ready. 

First stop was haircuts. I decided that I was ready for a change and tired of fighting my hair every morning.  Tiffany wanted to even out her layers (which took an amazingly long time... that girl has a ridiculous amount of hair...) and Caite just had hers washed and styled. 

Then we went for pedicures. Caite and I went with holiday colors. Mine are green and Caite's are gold.  Very St. Paddy's, don't you think? (I am kicking myself for not getting all of our toes in one picture.)


After pedicures we went shopping! Clothes shopping is so much more fun when you don't have tired children or an irritated spouse waiting around for you. I found some new shirts, a fun pair of starfish earrings that just seemed to scream "SUMMER!" to me, and a new wallet. 

Then it was time for lunch at Cafe Zupas.


Caite and Tiff enjoying their chocolate covered strawberries.


This is my "Why are you torturing me with chocolate?" face. Don't worry. I didn't eat any of it...


I did lick the smallest of crumbs off my fingers after I sat it down though.  That can't be too many calories right?

After lunch we went to see a chick flick that we knew our husbands would never want to see. Beastly, a modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I wasn't sure for the first little bit, it seemed like it was going to be a really dumb, teen angst-y type of show. But it got better, and overall I enjoyed the show. It was very much a "I love love stories"  kind of moment.

Then it was on to more shopping until we were literally dropping.  We were all exhausted by the time we got home late, but oh it was so much fun.  

Happy Birthday girls! It was fun to share our celebration together. 

2 comments:

JD and Elena said...

Wow Chrissy - you look so much like your mom! You look beautiful! Glad you guys had such a fun day!

Mary said...

Nice haircut! I'm glad you had so much fun. :)