Thursday, January 10, 2013

I don't have to enjoy a colonoscopy...

I was talking with Caitlin this morning about my downer of a post yesterday. I expressed how I felt embarrassed and guilty that I am even a little bit unhappy with living in a torn up house, because it's such a blessing and we've been wanting this to happen for so long. She told me these very wise words, "You have to think of it in terms of modern medicine. You can be grateful that they can do a colonoscopy and prevent or deal with problems, but that doesn't mean you have to enjoy the process."  That made me feel much better, that being stressed out by the process does not mean that I am not grateful and happy at the work being done. 

Today was another day full of progress.
(Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better contractor. They are working like gangbusters and everyday there is another piece of the project finished. We are so grateful that we get to work with such awesome people!)


They filled in the holes in the sub-floor from where they took out the old closets.


I'm so thrilled with this! Washer and dryer hookups in our closet area! 
It will take awhile to be able to afford the washer and dryer we want (they need to be front loaders so that they'll be user friendly for Brian) but we'll have a home ready for them when we do.


They installed the bathtub!


I took an imaginary soak and dream decorated my bathroom.

 The way it's working out we will basically be having a master bedroom suite with his and hers bathrooms, even though my bathroom will be shared with the kids and guests. Even so, it's the perfect way to scientifically test the theory that I've been working on for almost twelve years now... that Brian is the one who makes the bigger mess in the bathroom. Tee hee hee....



4 comments:

Emilie said...

That is SUCH a fast contractor. Keep his name. If ever I need something done fast I'm calling him.

Change is stressful. Even if it's good change. I think as long as you can see more positives than negatives, you've done well.

Caitlin said...

I love that you took an imaginary soak. LOL. Did you take a book with you and just sit in the tub and read for a while?

Tiffany said...

Does the head of the bathtub recline nicely? Ours is a straight drop, so it's not very cozy to soak in our bathtub...

Chrissy said...

It does recline nicely, which is definitely a must for this gal. It also has a special layer of something or other between the steel and the enamel to prevent conductivity so the water will stay warmer longer. :)