Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday is a special day....

I cannot begin to tell you just how much I will never take my bathtub for granted again. Saturdays right now mean loading everybody and a change of clothes up, and driving to my dad's to use his bath. Tonight I actually took a turn, and I realized that was the first bath I've had this year! No wonder I'm so short tempered lately. The bathtub is my sanctuary where I would escape to read and relax on an almost nightly basis. I hadn't realized just how tied to my emotional well-being taking a bath was, but I am even more anxious and excited for us to have functioning bathing facilities again!

I'm so grateful that my dad has been willing to let us invade his space on a bi/tri-weekly basis. Most nights he feeds too! Tonight he went above and beyond and built a ramp over the garage stairs for Brian. It means so much to me, every gesture like that, that makes it easier to spend time with our families. We are so grateful for my Dad and all he does for us.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Amen!

Caitlin said...

I'm glad you got a turn tonight! (Does that mean Jake isn't taking as long showers?) And hooray for ramps!

April Weeks said...

What a guy!