Friday, January 18, 2013

More than grateful

The past couple of weeks have been trying, emotionally, mentally, physically, financially... pretty much every which way you can be tried. Every which way but spiritually, because we have faith that all the stress and discomfort and sacrifice we make now will be rewarded by the final product. We know that everyone who has a hand in this project is giving it their all to move things along as fast as humanly possible. We feel again and again how blessed we are to have so many people in our lives who are willing to help us and care about us and are every bit as excited as we are to see things changing and taking shape. I must apologize if I have seemed to be complaining and focusing on the negative. We truly do know what an amazing gift this is, not only for Brian, but for our whole family.

Today we received another amazingly generous gift. I got a call this afternoon from a number that I didn't recognize, but with all the different people coming to work in the house right now that isn't so unusual, so I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this Chrissy?"

"Yes it is."

"This is so-and-so from such-and-such appliance business."

"Okay..." (Frantically wracking my brain trying to think why they could be calling.)

"This is a bit of an unusual phone call, so bear with me for a minute."

"Okay..."

"You have a very kind, generous neighbor who has come in and purchased for you a front-loading washer and dryer set."


Stunned silence....
"Uh... um... are you serious?" (I was shaking and crying by this point.)


"Yes. We understand you are having some remodeling and painting done and so we just need to know when we would be able to schedule the delivery."

"Um... Uh... I... I'm not entirely sure. I would have to check with the builder. Maybe in two or three weeks?" (Freaking out my children who were wondering what was wrong because I was in shock and crying!)

"Okay, we will keep them in the warehouse and you'll just need to call to schedule the delivery when you are ready for them."

"I can't believe this! Thank you so much!"

"You don't need to thank me. You have a very kind neighbor who cares very much about you."

"This is too incredible! Can I ask who I should thank?"

"No, they've asked to remain anonymous."

"Then I won't ask. But oh my, thank you again!"

Dear Anonymous-

I don't know who you are and I will respect your anonymity. All I can say is that I hope from the bottom of my heart that you read this blog and know how humbled and grateful we are at your generous and beautiful gift. It is such surprise, we are completely overwhelmed! There has to be a word that means more than gratitude, more than appreciation, more than thankfulness. Such a selfless, charitable service is a perfect example of "Loving thy neighbor" and from me and my little family thank you a thousand times over!

P.S. I was seriously in so much shock after that phone call that when I called Brian to tell him what has happened the first words out of my mouth were, "Are you sitting down?"

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, Chrissy, you brightened my day with this news! How absolutely wonderful, stupendous, amazing! You've got so many people in your corner. What a generous soul to take care of that need--and it definitely was a need. I hope the Lord will bless them in bundles of blessing, and you guys too!

Brian said...

I second everything my sweet wife just said! Thank you to all of you who have been so kind to us.

Also happy 12th Anniversary tomorrow Chrissy! I Love You!

Caitlin said...

That is amazing! I am so excited for you guys, and would just like to add my thanks to whoever this generous soul might be--thank you for watching over my sister and her family, and for being there to fill a need. God bless!

Candice said...

Chrissy! This is so awesome! What a blessing! Now you will legit-ly have a piece of your dream home ;) I'm so happy for you guys!

Elena Loo said...

Oh this made my day! It is so wonderful! Thanks to whomever it is!! They helped spread hope and joy across the country! Congrats you guys, you deserve all of this wonderful-ness and more!!

Emilie said...

I am laughing at your, "are you sitting down," bit and crying at the generosity and goodness of the people in your life!

What an incredible story.